Versatile Blogger Award
Many many thanks to the talented and funny Gill Coad for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! You can, and should!, check out her blog here.
As part of my responsibilities for winning this award, I must tell you about 15 awesome blogs that I follow, most discovered fairly recently. Here goes in completely random order (but remember, as previously stated, I can’t count and I’m sometimes lazy…):
- Early Learning Planet
- Write Way Up
- Sooty Jane Photography
- Parenting is Not My Superpower
- Double Vision (ok, cheating here because I also nominated her for the Liebster, but that’s one of the prices she pays for being a best friend!)
- The Adventures of Fanny P.
- Little Bird’s Dad
- Drinking Tips for Teens
- Bolton Carley’s Blog
My other responsibility is to tell you 7 things about myself:
- I am mostly vegetarian, but I eat seafood, and sometimes remorsefully eat bacon. I believe the pig who sacrifices itself for my bacon looks on me from heaven with forgiveness, considering all the other pigs and farm animals I have spared. Since there is really no word for “vegetarian who also eats seafood and sometimes eats bacon”, I think most people just call me “picky” now. Which I sometimes find offensive.
- My least favorite word is doldrums.
- For awhile when I was little I was obsessed with becoming an astronaut. Then I discovered that roller coasters make me nauseous and I have a lot less than perfect vision.
- I am 2 degrees of separation from Jim James, lead singer of My Morning Jacket. I met him once briefly, and Manchild, soon proven wrong, told me that I was mistaken and wanted to believe anyone with a beard from Louisville was Jim James.
- I lost the regional 5th grade spelling bee due to my misspelling of the word “piety.” I spelled it “p-i-o-t-e-e.” I went to Catholic school at the time. My mother was mortified.
- I once locked my jaws together due to an acceptance of a dare to bite down on a Jolly Rancher candy.
- Before having children, I worked in Human Resources. The jobs really have not differed all that much.
Thanks again for the nomination, Gill! And thanks, everyone else, for suffering through my blog!
For more on the Versatile Blogger Award, see here.
6 Responses to “Versatile Blogger Award”
Congratulations on such a great reward
Congrats on the reward! I love reading your blog
Thank you! 🙂
thanks for the nomination! and i love bacon, too! but what’s the scoop on hating doldrums??? 🙂
It’s one of those words that I just hate the sound of and the meaning doesn’t redeem it? Do you have a word you hate? I always think it’s interesting to hear what words people dislike.
I’m also a transitioning vegetarian, but I eat seafood and occasionally chicken. Ugh I hate bacon haha and I will be removing chicken completely and going pesca-vegetarian.